Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 23, July 21, 2012

I was just checking on the score of the SF Giants game. It's 3 to 3 in the top of the 11th inning. It's unusual to be able to follow a game in real time since I'm 8 hours different from the west coast and 5 hours from the east coast. It looks like they've been doing well since we've been in Ireland.

Today, we went into downtown Limerick and visited the Hunt Museum, St. Mary's Cathedral, and King George's Castle. Rick Steves, in his guidebooks, bypasses Limerick but we think it's worth a visit. A lot of people fly into Shannon Airport which is just west of Limerick. We didn't visit some of the main tourist attractions in the area  such as Adare or Bunratty Castle but we've still had a good time.

In the afternoon, we headed east of Limerick and went on a hike on a national hiking trail called Clare Glen. The trail follows a river with many cascades and small waterfulls. It was a great place to come, and the weather was nice today.

I'm feeling more and more comfortable driving on the opposite side of the road, shifting with my left hand, añd sitting on the opposite side of the car. The unnatural part is driving on roads so narrow that cows have to walk on them single file (I'm kidding, but not by much).

I'm typing using an android tablet with a virtual keyboard that blocks what I'm typing. I can't see what I'm typing until I finish since the virtual keyboard blocks the paragraph I'm working on. It's a bit frustrating. I know I'm making a few typos but it's too hard to fix them. I'll leave it to your imagination to try and figure out what I'm really trying to write.

1 comment:

  1. Like a true Giants fan checking on the games while traveling.

    ReplyDelete